Meals & Food Banks
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), more commonly known as food stamps, ensures that Americans receive the food they need, especially if they are newly unemployed. Congress has invested in SNAP in the last three bills to help Americans put food on the table during this crisis. For more information, visit Acess Florida here or call 866-762-2237. To apply for SNAP, click here for the application.
Osceola, Orange and Polk County Schools Meal Distribution: To ensure our children will not go hungry while school is not in session, Osceola and Polk County Schools will be distributing free pack-and-go meals at designated locations for a limited amount of time. To see which is nearest to you, please visit their websites: Osceola Schools, Orange Schools and Polk Schools.
Second Harvest Food Bank: Congress has now secured $850 million in emergency funding for The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) to help food banks face increased utilization and demand in countless communities across the country due to the coronavirus. Residents in need of food assistance can visit the Second Harvest Food Bank’s online food locator to find a list of feeding partners near their residency. Additionally, residents looking to contribute to the area’s COVID19 recovery can volunteer.
Osceola County Food Locations: Residents in need are encouraged to contact the organizations directly to determine availability and distribution times. Hours of operation will vary and resources are limited.
- Anointed Victorious Outreach, 1901 S. Poinciana Blvd., Kissimmee 34758, 954-393-9768
- Church of Agape Love, 1548 Tallahassee Blvd., Intercession City 33848, 863-651-6878/407-319-787
- Community Hope Center, 2198 Four Winds Blvd., Kissimmee 34746, 407-910-2216
- One United Mission, 1751 Ball Park Road, Kissimmee 34741, 407-766-4749
- Iglesia Cristiana Renuevo, 290 Competition Drive, Kissimmee 34743, 407-870-0083
- Iglesia De Dios Pentecostal M.I., 2519 Fortune Road, Kissimmee 34744, 407-922-1671
- Living Water Fellowship, 4101 Pleasant Hill Road, Kissimmee 34746, 407-922-7725
- St. Rose of Lima, 3870 Pleasant Hill Road, Kissimmee 34746, 407-932-5004
- Advanced Senior Center, 2260 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee 34744, 407-350-3311
- Church and Community Assistance Program, 10 S. Orlando Ave., Kissimmee 34741, 407-750-6017
- Life Changing Global Ministries, 2727 N. John Young Parkway Suite G, Kissimmee 34741, 407-339-1959
- Osceola Council on Aging, 700 Generation Point, Kissimmee 34744, 407-847-2144
- Salvation Army, 700 Union Street, Kissimmee, 34741, 407-944-9968
- St. John Episcopal Church-Trinity House, 1709 N. John Young Parkway, Kissimmee 34741, 267-650-0622
- Summit Bible Church, 1901 S. John Young Parkway, Kissimmee 34741, 407-483-1688
- St. Cloud Community Pantry, 901 Missouri Ave., St. Cloud 34769, 407-892-7070
Polk County Locations: Residents in need are encouraged to contact the organizations directly to determine availability and distribution times. Hours of operation will vary and resources are limited.
- Frostproof Care Center, 17 S Scenic Hwy, Frostproof FL 33843, Phone: 863-635-5555
- St. Thomas Aquinas, 2180 Kissengen Ave, Bartow FL 33830, Phone: 863-533-8578
- Mercy & Love Food Outreach, 1400 E Georgia St, Bartow FL 33830, Phone: 863-990-2985
- Faith & Deliverance, 290 Hwy 17 S, Bartow FL 33830, Phone: 863-510-3601
- Endless Abilities 4 Disabilities, 905 E Summerlin St, Bartow FL 33830, Phone: 863-205-1624
- Abundant Life Ministries, Winter Haven, 5237 Thornhill Rd, Winter Haven FL 33880, Phone: 863-299-7111
- Cloud By Day Missions, Inc., 336 Ave H SE, Winter Haven FL 33880, Phone: 863-287-0479
- Beymer, 700 N Lake Howard Dr, Winter Haven FL 33881, Phone: 248-568-1315
- Salvation Army, East Polk, 320 Martin Luther King Blvd, Winter Haven FL 33881, Phone: 863-291-5107
- HELP, Human-Environment Linking People, 135 Ave Y NE, Winter Haven FL 33881, Phone: 863-585-4263
- Champion’s Church House of Hope, 1801 Havendale Blvd, Winter Haven FL 33881, Phone: 863-956-6717
- Havendale Christian, 3900 Lake Blue Dr, Winter Haven FL 33881, Phone: 863-967-0046
- We Are All United, Inc., 315 Magnolia Ave, Auburndale FL 33823, Phone: 863-205-0801
- St. Alban’s Food Pantry, 202 Pontotoc St, Auburndale FL 33823, Phone: 863-845-4212
- First Presbyterian Auburndale, 410 Pilaklakaha Ave, Auburndale FL 33823, Phone: 863-604-031
- Lena Vista Baptist, 213 Florida Dr, Auburndale FL 33823, Phone: 863-651-4187
- FBC Lake Alfred, 280 E Pierce St, Lake Alfred FL 33850, Phone: 863-956-1477
- First UMC Lake Alfred, 130 S Pennsylvania Ave, Lake Alfred FL 33850, Phone: 863-956-1701
- Cemex - Davenport Sand Mine, 2200 US Hwy 17 92 N, Davenport, FL 33837
- House of Refuge Church of God, 640 Burns Avenue, Lake Wales FL 33853, Phone: 863-949-6031
- Lake Wales SDA Church, 233 Burns Avenue, Lake Wales FL 33859, Phone: 863-676-3500
- Lake Wales Care Center, 140 E Park Ave, Lake Wales FL 33853, Phone: 863-676-6678
- Holy Spirit Catholic, 644 S 9th St, Lake Wales FL 33853, Phone: 863-676-1556
Meals on Wheels for Seniors
Osceola County: Meals on Wheels will deliver to those in need of a limited geographical area for $8.00 per meal. For anyone, 60 and over, who is physically or mentally unable to prepare a balanced meal and has no one to prepare a meal from them there are several programs that assist with the cost. Please contact Wilda Belisle if interested at 407-847-2144 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orange County: Meals on Wheels can provide 30 days of meals during a crisis situation. Seniors can purchase meals or apply for free meals in Orange County by calling 407-615-8987.
Polk County: Daily meals can be delivered to those in need for $5 a meal. If you’re interested, please call 863-299-1616, email email@example.com or apply online at www.mealsonwheelspolk.com.
Meals of Love: A new emergency response program in Central Florida is connecting food-insecure seniors and disabled adults with freshly prepared restaurant meals, delivered safely to their homes for free amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Meals of Love is currently accepting applications from those in need of food assistance during the COVID-19 crisis.
Disabled adults ages 18 to 59 and seniors can apply online here or by calling 321-253-4430, then dialing 0, or by texting “Mealsoflove” to 94253.
Floridians can now text FLKIDSMEALS to 211-211 to find their closest participating Summer BreakSpot location, and can also call 2-1-1 to speak with a live operator 24 hours a day for additional locations. This follows the Department’s recent activation of the Summer BreakSpot children’s meal locator website at SummerBreakSpot.FreshFromFlorida.com.
Local Senior Shopping Hours:
- Walmart, Tuesdays, the first hour of business
- Target, Wednesdays 8 to 9 AM
- Winn Dixie, Mondays & Fridays 8 to 9 AM
- Costco, Tuesdays & Thursdays 9 to 10 AM
- Dollar General, Daily- the first hour of business
- Big Lots, Daily- the first hour of business
- Whole Foods, daily from 7 to 8 AM
- The Fresh Market, Monday through Friday from 8 to 9 AM
Additional food resources: Veterans in need of food, please click here.