Military Academy Nominations
The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review the page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination.
Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. service academies: U.S. Military Academy (USMA), West Point, NY; the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), Annapolis, MD; the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO; and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Kings Point, NY. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy* (USCGA), New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
Congressman Soto may nominate up to ten individuals for each vacant academy slot allotted to our district. To request a Military Academy Nomination from our office, please fill out the below packet and return to our office at: Congressman Darren Soto, Attn: Service Academy Applications, 6900 Lake Nona Blvd. Suite 101B, Orlando, FL 32827.
Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.
- February 23, 2018 - Application period opens
- March 31, 2018 - Spring Academy Day
- September 29 2018 - Fall Academy Day
- October 19, 2018 - All applications DUE
- October 27, 2018 - Selection Committee Interviews
- November 2018 - Nominees will be contacted via email
* These dates will be updated as they become available. Please contact our office if you have any questions.
We strongly recommend contacting your chosen academy’s local admissions representatives. These individuals are a great resource to provide additional information on their application process, deadlines and to assist prospective cadets and families.
- West Point Field Force
- Naval Academy Blue and Gold Officers
- Air Force Liaison Officers
- Merchant Marine Field Reps