Rep. Soto Announces Environmental Advisory Board for Florida’s 9th Congressional District
Kissimmee, FL – U.S. Rep. Darren Soto (FL-09) has launched a new Environmental Advisory Board for Florida’s 9th Congressional district, led by Eric Rollings as Chair, consisting of community leaders and environment advocates. The Advisory Board will hold their first meeting on March 28th to discuss environmental priorities for climate action and issues affecting the environment in the central Florida community.
Stated Rep. Soto: “Since my first day in Congress and during my time in the Florida legislature, I’ve focused on legislation on preserving the environment. Now in the Democratic House Majority, we have an opportunity to advance these projects and act on climate. That’s why I am combining forces with our Central Florida leaders and experts on the environment, to hear and learn from a diverse group on the priorities for our region. I am thrilled to launch this new Environmental Advisory Board for Florida’s 9th District and look forward to working together to protect our home from the harms of climate change.”
The Environmental Advisory Board for Florida’s 9th District will meet on Thursday, March 28th, 2019 at 6:00pm – 7:00pm at Rep. Soto’s Kissimmee District Office (804 Bryan Street Kissimmee, FL 34741) to discuss and develop an action plan.
Advisory Board members include:
- Eric Rollings, Chair of the Environmental Advisory Board for FL-09
- Grant Lewis, Central Florida Lead Organizer at Florida Conservation Voters
- Connie Simon, Program Director at Green Vistas
- Chadwick Hardee, Businessman and community leader
- Valerie Anderson, Director of Communications & Programming at Florida Native Plant Society
- Larry Shneck, Chairman at Osceola Soil and Water Conservation District
- Dave Finnigan, Founder and Director of Green Action Club
- Josephine Balzac-Arroyo, Esq., LL.M., Assistant Professor at Rollins College
- Brett Upthagrove, Polk Soil & Water Conservation District Supervisor